Thursday 31 October 2013

Entry # 5 -Cultural encounters

This is my last day of October and this month was mostly all about traditions such as Thanksgiving  day and Halloween.

Cultural observations
I noticed that they are so many cultural objects in the hall such as decorations. They have posters of black educators and a big poster with the word "welcome" in at least twenty different languages. They're also flags and Halloween decorations.
The kind of music I herad during my internship are children songs ( during lunch time) and classic music (during nap time)
Adam said to me that most of the children don't celebrate Christmas or Halloween because of their religion. I have been exposed to many different cultures, specially the Muslim one. I noticed those cultural aspects when the children are eating their traditional dish.

New words, expressions or structures

Trick or treaters : the children are named like that when they're asking for candies on Halloween night.

To conclude, I'm learning while I'm having fun like children actually do, that's why I love doing my internship at Boys and Girls club.

No comments:

Post a Comment