Thursday 31 October 2013

Entry #4: The world is your classroom

My fourth day at Boys and Girls club was on Thursday. That week I worked two days instead of one.

Language interference

I did have a language interference during my internship. My first language (Spanish) interfered with my English, because I'm always thinking in Spanish before say something in an other language and this time, I forgot to switch the pronoun and the verb in a interrogative sentence: I said : you need some help? I said it to a children so she didn't corrected me, but right after I said it I noticed that I was making a mistake.

How is learning English different in the internship than in a classroom?

That's the funny thing: I'm still learning English in a classroom! Except that in this classroom, all the students are between 4 and 5 years old and I feel that I'm one of them, but a twenty years old one! Honesty, this kind of immersion is better that being in a classroom, because when I'm in my classroom, I don't really have to thing a lot, because most of the time I'm listening what my teacher is saying, but during my internship, I have to thing a little bit more before say or do something.
.
New word, expressions or structures

Bat: I learned this word singing the "bat are sleeping" song. A bat is a representative animal of Halloween. In French we say the " chauve-souris"

For conclude, I had so much fun that day singing Halloween songs. I'd never think before of learning new words while I'm singing children songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment