Wednesday 9 October 2013

Entry #2 - First Impressions

I started my first day with the "Good morning" song. The song that the children sing every day before we start the others activities. There's two guys working in the class room of 4 and 5 years old children with me, they are very good with children and I found that so cute . They were very welcoming and friendly with me. I'm feeling confortable working with them. The children are wonderfull! I immediatly starded playaing and having little conversations with them, they seem happy to have me as the new volunteer. Finally, I really enjoyded my fist day and I'm so exited about the next one.

Language observations

We use a very simple language with the children, easy and specific words so they can understand everything we say, which is perfect for me, because I'm able to communicate easily without making many mistakes.

Cultural observations


At the Boys and Girls club, almost everybody is bilingual, even the children, but they speak mostly all the time English. There are so many nationalities on my classroom and as I mentioned before, they speak more English than French, but we have to speak in both language all the time for make sure that everyone unterstands.

What did I learn?

I dind't learn too much because of the simple way to communicate, but because the children discrived the weather of the day, I did become more familiar with the vocabulary like wenty, cloudy, foggy, sunny and rainy.
Also, they use the word snak, but I did think about using the same word as in french : collation. I'll never thing about that again!


No comments:

Post a Comment